Here are a few strategies I use to make my days as successful as I can.
- Use a calendar to set boundaries, block my time. Adding in time for breaks, emotional well-being and to just breathe. Always add a few down minutes between blocks.
- To chase away that groggy feeling from not enough sleep or just committee brain I make sure to get in a run or walk each morning for clarity.
- Take a moment to celebrate the wins at the end of the day. Check on what is crossed off the list and enjoy the feeling of the completion of those tasks/assignments.
- Quiet the inner critic by naming it and reframing what I want and how I want it done and make adjustments as needed.
- When a client cancels or a job is delayed I find another project that needs my attention and look for a new opportunity.
- Reflect on my progress and celebrate on the positive or little wins. Stay away from negative talk.
- Identify my triggers of bad habits and replace them with positive motion/thoughts/projects.
- Take time to make time for me and my family by working smarter, not harder.