When you want your employees to be at their best.
6 Reasons Why You Should Bring a Treadmill Desk to Your Office Today
- Increased Productivity – Moving more throughout the day has been scientifically proven to help increase productivity by way of making new connections between brain cells. It also stimulates the growth of neurons, which leads to amped-up brain power.
- Decreased Illness/Preventing the Common Cold (sick days) – The American College of Sports Medicine, says that studies have shown that people who exercise at least 45 minutes four or more days a week take 25 to 50% less time off from work because of illness.
- Decreased Risk of Disease – Walking has been proven to prevent and/or manage cardiovascular disease, Type II diabetes, and high blood pressure. According to Harvard Health Publishing, “Walking for 2.5 hours a week—that’s just 21 minutes a day—can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol.”
- Improved Balance and Coordination – According to Harvard Health Publishing, “Walking helps build lower-body strength, an important element of good balance. Walking is safe exercise for most people and, in addition to improving balance, counts toward your aerobic activity goals.”
- Increased Mental Sharpness – “Exercise also stimulates brain regions that are involved in memory function to release a chemical called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). BDNF rewires memory circuits so they work better. “When you exercise and move around, you are using more brain cells,” says Dr. Ratey, who is also the author of Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain (2008). “Using more brain cells turns on genes to make more BDNF.” (Harvard Health Publishing)
- Weight Loss – Walking can be an extremely effective way to shed pounds. It is low impact and considered relatively easy for most and it burns more calories than you think. If you’re 150 pounds walking briskly (around 3.5 miles per hour) will burn around 300 calories every 60 minutes.
A treadmill desk is an amazing way to walk more throughout the day as you can literally walk all day long while you work. Learn more about treadmill desks today!
Over 30 years of Corporate Experience
3 Free year full warranty
6,000 maintenance free
Standard 3 110V receptacles/2 USB charging plus
Ergonomic desktop/silicone bumper
Easy access console that slides out of the way
Heavy duty steady desk
Floor plate to lock in treadmill
Only 1 standard 120V wall receptacle needed
Privacy panel brackets
App designed specifically for the work station
Standard desk height up to 51″
With less than 5″ high walking surface
1 free year warranty
Requires periodic belt lubrication
Some offer none or additional cost
Others may be rubber and desk level
Controls take desk space
Desks tend to shake
Multiple cords need wall receptacles
None or only standard fitness apps
Most at 48-50”
Makes a difference for taller users
Active Station, The Office Wellness Solution
A ready-to-use workstation for any office. This handy treadmill quickly adjusts for multiple users and helps you stay active even in the office! For information on how to buy or lease one for your office today, contact Beginning Today Lifestyle Wellness and ask for Terri 612-308-0801 or fill out the form below.